Metzeler date codes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Metzeler date codes

Can anyone tell me how to read the date codes on Metzeler tires? My rear has a stamp DOT EB1P BPH048 and the front is DOT EB5U BPW 043

Thanks,
    Joe
    IBA# 24077
    '15 BMW R1200GS Adventure
    '07 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
    '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

the rear was made 4th wk of '98, front the 4th week of '93, after 2000 they went to a 4 digit code with the first 2 the week, the last 2 the year

Comment

hey joe, you got some old rubber on that bike of yours.....i'm glad you didn't know that when we were in wisconsin

ryan
      78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
      82 Kat 1000 Project
      05 CRF450x
      10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

Dave,

Thanks for the info. I found it on Metzeler's website after I posted the question. I guess the answer is that they are TOO OLD!

Ryan,

I did know they were old so I wasn't pushing too hard. There'll be new skins on it next year so I can pick it up a notch. Hopefully I'll be able to keep up!

Joe
        IBA# 24077
        '15 BMW R1200GS Adventure
        '07 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
        '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

Comment

Considering the importance of tire condition, I would not ride on tires over three years old and I prefer to ride on tires no older than one year.

Earl

[quote="Joe Nardy"]
          I found it on Metzeler's website after I posted the question. I guess the answer is that they are TOO OLD!
          Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Working...
          X