GS-1000 frame- GS 1100 motor update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS-1000 frame- GS 1100 motor update

thanks for the replies...i installed the motor in the bare frame last nite (trial fit)..(that is..the frame on the motor, my back hurts..but worth it) and it does fit..i will have to remove the tab mount on the lower left side and weld on a modified one..it looks Awsome!! 8O the Tracy body fairing fits perfect..(must have been a mistake)..it clears the head by half an inch..carbs clear good..even room for air cleaners..since the Tracy gas tank is about half the size of the stock tank...(so much for range!!) the motor cylinders stick out from under the tank about 3 inches..AWSOME!!! sort of a CBX look..the raask rearsets fit well and look cool..i will run clip-ons of course, and i'm going to chrome the entire frame..and will paint the Tracy fairing deep metallic midnight blue..(same color as my 2001 Trans-Am WS6)..my bike is one owner, bought new in 1978..did alot of speed mods..tranny started jumping out of third gear (badly worn dogs)..a few years ago..i decided to perform a complete makeover for her 25th birthday..whats funny is i can get ANTIQUE PLATES for it i'll make some digitals of it's progress (slow) as soon as i can link them up..i will.....the stock bike is in the gallery under 1978 gs1000 and Mark Austin....take care....

Stop yer teasin'!!!! Post some pictures!!!

Hap

Comment

Sounds like the bike is coming together nicely although I wonder how a "Tracy body fairing" looks...you can upload your pics to http://groups.msn.com/SuzukiGSGarage if you want too, most here do that.

Comment

After setting the engine on the frame, install all the motor mounts that fit. Then use a piece of cardboard, or plastic, and cut it so it will fit on to the two studs on the frame, and to the motor mount bolt hole on the engine. Get the piece of cardboard so it fits all three places, then use it as a template to fabricate a steel or alum mount. This should be easier than relocating the mounting studs on the frame. Something to think about anyway

Comment

Working...
        X