Just wondering...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just wondering...

Would a upper triple tree, or top yoke if you will from a GS(X) 1100 fit on my 1100 Katana if I want to switch to some higher bars? Mabe it'll help against the speeding tickets :roll:

Robin yoyu dont need to change the top yoke to add higher bars!!! You can in the first instance just mount your clipons above the top triple clamp, if that isnt high enough then go to a wrecker/breakers/boneyard and get a set of bars off a different model as I recall the fork legs were all the same size around tha age anyway, BTW the throttle turns both ways
    Dink

Comment

Over here you could get various types of replacement clipons of varying heights, but that was a while ago.

The Katana also has brakes if you need to slow down....

Comment

Re: Just wondering...

Originally posted by robinjo
        Would a upper triple tree, or top yoke if you will from a GS(X) 1100 fit on my 1100 Katana if I want to switch to some higher bars? Mabe it'll help against the speeding tickets :roll:
        Robin if you give the Katana to Dineke that will stop you from getting any speeding tickets :twisted:

Comment

Re: Just wondering...

Originally posted by WifeofDink

Robin if you give the Katana to Dineke that will stop you from getting any speeding tickets :twisted:
          Uhmmm, yes but that is not the answer I was looking for... , and BTW Dineke would rather have one of those tupperware Gixxers :roll: LOL

Dink, i think that if i drop the forks enough to mount the clip-ons above the top triple clamp (1 1/4") the bike would become too unstable, i now have them at 3/4" to quicken the steering and it's pretty close to becoming wobbly.Good to know it can swap with other models, these bars look pretty cool, 4mm thick aluminium anodized, like em better than taller clip-ons.

Originally posted by Dink
          BTW the throttle turns both ways.
          Really 8O , and I have brakes too 8O

Comment

Working...
          X