TEARING OUT CLUTCH ASSEMBLY TODAY.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TEARING OUT CLUTCH ASSEMBLY TODAY.

I need all the advice and suggestions that any folks care to give. NO NO I wont use jumper cables .
    I have mentioned before that i have a steady whirrin-light squeal or some odd sound coming from the clutch area. My hearing stinks so I went to my bone yard and he also seems to think the sound is coming from there. I wanted him to verify that it was not coming from the engine itself. The timing chain was my first concern.
    Well i will try to get it on the lift and drain the oil at least. I AM HOPEING FOR SOMETHING OBVIOUS AS WE ALL DO.

Perhaps someone has had a similar thing happen. Well im going out to rake leaves and maybe ill get the bike on the lift before i come back in.

Just remember to tie off one end of the jumper cables to something really solid and the other end around your neck for a safety line before you jump into the clutch too deep.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by mdole
      Just remember to tie off one end of the jumper cables to something really solid and the other end around your neck for a safety line before you jump into the clutch too deep.

Mike
      Mike you are a true friend/fiend

Comment

I don't know anything about the clutch area, but I wonder... is there maybe some kind of seal in the area that might be going dry, and causing the squeal? Either in the clutch area or under the timing cover(crank end-seal)?

Comment

Put the bike on the side stand and you won't have to drain the oil.
          Unless you want to change the oil anyway of course...

Comment

Originally posted by slowpokey
            Mike you are a true friend/fiend

I just take fiendish plesure i giving you advice.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by biker66
              Put the bike on the side stand and you won't have to drain the oil.
              Unless you want to change the oil anyway of course...
              I need to use a jack Peter. Im getting old and feeble.

Looking into the timing cover is an excellent idea. Thanks whoever you are. Or whatever a jeckler is???

Comment

Working...
              X