TUBES?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TUBES?

hey guys...doing some innertube research online.

motorcyclespecialties.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, motorcyclespecialties.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Metzeler tubes are $18.95 8O

Michelin, $9.95, Bridgestone normal, $9.95, Bridgestone Heavy Duty, $14.95...

think i need heavy duty?

opinions please. anyone have a brand suggestion of that page?

~Adam

Personally, I wouldn't go with Bridgestone due to the way they dealt with their exploding tires. During the summer I bought a whack of tubes for my bike (needed to keep spares) and the only one that really let me down was the Chin Sheng. It wouldn't hold air from the get go which is unusual and the only other brand in town was Kenda. So, if two of the top three dealers in a 750k+ population town only deal in no name tubes I doubt it matters what you buy as long as they are fresh.

Cheers, Steve

Comment

i guess now the question becomes...do i run tubeless? originally rims were tubed, but i hear of many of you running without tubes on mag wheels. think i should go the same? do you reccomend anything for sealing the tire?

~Adam

Comment

Wait until Nick gets wind of this thread.

Do your wheels have "Tubeless applicable" (or something like that) on them"?

Comment

My dealer says that guys used to put the valve stem that you use for a tubeless tire on the GS mag rims (which are NOT for tubeless tires unless they clearly say so on the rim) and it seemed to work. Personally, I'm not going to bother. You could put Slime or PJ1's flat preventive in the tubes for a little extra safety.

Comment

Originally posted by srivett
            Personally, I wouldn't go with Bridgestone due to the way they dealt with their exploding tires. During the summer I bought a whack of tubes for my bike (needed to keep spares) and the only one that really let me down was the Chin Sheng. It wouldn't hold air from the get go which is unusual and the only other brand in town was Kenda. So, if two of the top three dealers in a 750k+ population town only deal in no name tubes I doubt it matters what you buy as long as they are fresh.

Cheers, Steve
            I agree! When I buy a new car in the next year or so...If they have Firestone tires on it, I will refuse to purchase until the tires are replaced with a different brand. PERIOD!

Comment

srivett wrote:

Cheers, Steve

I agree! When I buy a new car in the next year or so...If they have Firestone tires on it, I will refuse to purchase until the tires are replaced with a different brand. PERIOD!
              Amen.
              Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Comment

I'm glad to have some support , now we should get "Bandag" retreads pulled off of the market. The next time you are forced to run over one of these aligators I promise you it will have Bandag embossed on the edge of the tread. Most people use them as trailer tires because they don't want their transports damaged. There are tons of brake drum dust covers on the sides of roads too but the DOT ignores them as well...

Steve

Comment

i'm very happy with my Bridgestone, they work very well, but i don't have them on my car and am not sure if i would.

ryan
                  78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
                  82 Kat 1000 Project
                  05 CRF450x
                  10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

Pinto's blew up when you crashed into their rear...but people still buy Fords.

NASA blew up a few times, killed people, but NASA still lives.

Chevy trucks exploed when impacted on the side, due to the gas tank being on the sides. People still buy Chevy trucks.

the list goes on...

seriously guys, get over it.

~Adam

Comment

Originally posted by srivett
                      and the only one that really let me down was the Chin Sheng.
                      Cheers, Steve

I have used Chen Shen tubes in both my street and dirt bikes and never had any problems with them. I usually get Rokon tubes for the dirt bike because they make a really heavy-duty tube, but when I need one I take what's available.

Mike

Comment

Tubes

Michelin are the choice. Good quality, longer stems and the don't come with those nuts like the Bridgestones. When using Michelins on non tubless mags they tend to seal against the valve hole when you have a slow puncture. (not all the time). The other tubes have those 12mm nut and washer setup that are part of the way the tube is made which stops it from sealing and the valve stem dosn't protrud as far though the valve hole making it a little harder pumping up the tyres/tires. Leave the knurled nut against the valve cap as to not rip the tube when you have low air pressure in the wheel.

Comment

thanks sharpey, i went with the Michelin tubes. they were $9.95 i think for each one, so it worked out okay.

~Adam

Comment

Originally posted by first timer
                            i'm very happy with my Bridgestone, they work very well, but i don't have them on my car and am not sure if i would.

ryan
                            I've run Bridgestone on my cars and have never had a problem, the new car has Michelin fitted and I love them.
                            I'm currently looking for a new rear tyre for the "Mower" but I think I will leave the decision as to what is fitted up to Dink as he is the expert on bike tyres in this house

Comment

I'm ignorent...what happened with Bridgestone tires? Was it the Firestone issue that you are talking about?

Hap

Comment

Working...
                              X