1982 GS1100E Jet kits...who makes them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1982 GS1100E Jet kits...who makes them?

I'm in search for a Jet kit for my 1982 GS1100E. I currently have the stock airbox on it with a K&N filter and stock exjaust but do have a 4 into 1 that I will put on and would like to go to pod filters. Aside for Dynojet, does anyone else make a kit for this bike? Has anyone has any luck with setting up their own jetting including drilling out he slides? I actually have a 82' Katana engine and carbs in it. I think the carbs are the same as the GS1100 but they just came with slightly bigger mains and adjustable needles.

K&N make both stage 1 (airbox) and stage 3 (pod filters) kits. They are having a big jet kit sale right now with both the stage 1 & 3 kits on sale. Their home site is:

Shop replacement K&N air filters, cold air intakes, oil filters, cabin filters, home air filters, and other high performance parts. Factory direct from the official K&N website.

The sale is at:

Get them while you can...

Mark

Comment

Factory also has kits...this link may work

1982 GS1000S Katana
      1982 GS1100E

Comment

Click on motorcycle parts in the top left corner and find your way to your application.
        1982 GS1000S Katana
        1982 GS1100E

Comment

I tried to order the K&N kit from their blowout sale and unfortunately they are out of stock and discontinued. This was about 1 month ago. Have you tried them since and been able to purchase one? Maybe they found a hidden stockpile since I tried?

Comment

You might be able to buy a rack of carbs with the jets you want on Ebay. It would be cheaper to go that route.

Steve

Comment

There are Jets on EBay right now

Comment

Originally posted by CDNBandit
                I tried to order the K&N kit from their blowout sale and unfortunately they are out of stock and discontinued. This was about 1 month ago. Have you tried them since and been able to purchase one? Maybe they found a hidden stockpile since I tried?
                I ran into the same problem about a month ago with my 82 1100e. I found a set at StarCycle (http://www.starcycle.com/street/dynojet_suzuki.html) where it listed for $99. They had the same part listed for $69 in the same area for some unknown reason. I mentioned this to the salesperson, he checked and gave it to me for the lower price because as he put it "it's for an older bike". It was still more expensive than K&N's price but well below the $120 price I had seen in so many other places.

Jeff

Comment

Working...
                X