GR Only Running On 2 !!! Help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GR Only Running On 2 !!! Help!!

Hey Dudes , and Duddettes I own a GR 650 .
    The Dude I bought it off said it's a 4 cylinder , but it's only sounds like it's running on two cylinders
    My bro said it has two and said I am a moron for buying it. He said "see it has TWO PIPES ."
    I looked at his GSX 1100 , it has two pipes as well , one each side , so I know he's a Gawd darn liar.
    So can anyone help me ?

Thanks Wesley ( thats Wesley NOT wes by the way )

Check for the number of spark plugs and exhaust pipes coming off of the motor.

Cheers, Steve

Comment

Thanks Steve for the low down on the spark plugs and the pipes, I checked the bike and you're right there were only two in the engine! The other two had been left in a box of spares . I'll put them in the bike and get back to you .

Wesley

Comment

it's a twin allright... and a good one (I've had one once)

(this model also suffers from the well-known suzuki charging problems but they can be cured...)

Comment

Are you a blonde?

Comment

What?

WHAT?

I'm still confused. Some say he has a twin. He says he's got two plugs in the bike, but has room for two more. I think I need a nap now. Mommy can I have a glass of water?

Comment

O.K. here's the problem , I can't find where the other two spark plugs go! . I'll try to get a mechanic to rebore the holes as they might have been closed up. I've sent the bike back to the guy that I bought it off . He agreed that the holes might have been covered up so he's going to do the work for me as well!
              I also looked at the engine for pipes coming out of the bike . there are loads of pipes coming from everywhere! There are small rubber pipes and big metal pipes.
              I'm going to do a few "mods" on the bike with his help so stay tuned dudes and dudettes ! I'll show you what a GR650 four cylinder can do!

Wesley

Comment

can't wait to read what's the mechanic's verdict...

Comment

And I thought the 'Jumper Cable' thead was bad.... :twisted:

Comment

can't wait to read what's the mechanic's verdict...
                    I Agree. This sound lika a thrilling project

Comment

How about some picks?

How about some pictures. I would like to see if you have a twin or not.

I have done some searching on yahoo and found that the GR 650 is a pretty nice looking twin.

If you do have the twin and it is running on two (both) cylinders it should be fine. you might want to put a 16 tooth sprocket on the front. The web pages I read say that the bike runs much smother without the 15 tooth. The 16 tooth is thiner. It needs to be spaced on the shaft. It also will not wear out the chain even though the chain is wider.

Comment

how about you just ride the bike instead of trying to find two imaginary cylinders! 8O

Comment

( Shaking head in confusement )

Bike is only being 2 cylinder, unless it is being the special Bangladeshi import version from early '82. Then it is 4 -cylinder. But these are being very rare and none are being believed to have maked it to the US.

PS Why am I having received 17 PM's from people asking of Wes is being of relation to me? I am having no blond relatives, and it is being obvious that Wellesly is blond.

Comment

Originally posted by propflux01
                            And I thought the 'Jumper Cable' thead was bad.... :twisted:

Careful, the "Jumper cable" is a classic.....

Comment

I think the meskito is behind this one

Comment

Working...
                              X