Stuck by local dealer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stuck by local dealer

I recently ordered some ignition parts from a dealer. The parts person couldn't read the microfiche, & I got the wrong parts. As everyone knows there is no return on electric parts. I had to eat them!!
    Can anyone out there please help by looking up these part numbers & let me know what year\model they fit?
    Condenser set: oem #33261-45020
    Breaker Assembly: oem #33110-44X51
    They were suppose to fit 1979 GS550L

I updated my bike with Dyna. What I would like to know is what these two parts fit. (Year/Models) So someone out there can get some use out of them (cheap)

We went throught this recently with (I forgot her name). Turns out there's two types of ignitions on the 550. Nippon Denso and Kikkosan (somethiing like that). Someone else will be along to explain it better, but look at the points plate and see if you see a reference to manufacturer.

PS: You're dealer's a thief if he won't take back parts ordered by THEIR error.

Comment

I had the same thing happen to me when I ordered the points and condensers to my '79 GS750. I found out there are two different kinds of points and they are NOT interchangable. My dealer (Pete's Cycle in Severna Park) acknowledged their mistake and happily gave me the correct ones with no hassle and very little time lost. The most remarkable thing about this is that a month went by between when I first got the bad points and when I went back to exchange them. I had even ripped open one of the plastic bags the pionts came in to make sure they were indeed incorrect.
      If your dealer isn't responsible enough to take the points back and give you the correct ones with no cost penalty, maybe you had better try to find another dealer.

Harrison

Comment

Same with me and my 77 GS750. The part number 33261-45020 is for a condenser for the Kokusan setup (according to my 750 microfiche). The ND part number is 32341-31010.

The point part numbers are 33110-45020 (Kokusan) or 33110-45010 (ND). Again, these are for a 750 but assume they are the same.

I solved my problem by fitting an electronic ignition. Only around the cost of 3 sets of point and much better!

Comment

Re: Stuck by local dealer

Originally posted by delw152
          I recently ordered some ignition parts from a dealer. The parts person couldn't read the microfiche, & I got the wrong parts. As everyone knows there is no return on electric parts. I had to eat them!!
          Can anyone out there please help by looking up these part numbers & let me know what year\model they fit?
          Condenser set: oem #33261-45020
          Breaker Assembly: oem #33110-44X51
          They were suppose to fit 1979 GS550L
          They made the mistake...contact the Better Business Bureau in you area:

BBB helps consumers and businesses in the United States and Canada. Find trusted BBB Accredited Businesses. Get BBB Accredited. File a complaint, leave a review, report a scam.

talk with them. Let the dealer know what you are doing. Don't just threaten them with going to the BBB...do it. Most businesses do not like to have complaints listed with the BBB.

Hap

Comment

Hey delw,

Don't forget the Dyna 3 systems are still on clearance for the GS bikes for $99. Like KW said that's just about the cost of three sets of points.....

Comment

Working...
            X