Headers for 82 GS1100E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headers for 82 GS1100E

I'm in dire need of an exhaust as mine has cracked under the belly, and they are 10 year old Supertrapp's. Seems only SuperTrapp/Kerker or VH's are left as an option (no Mac's) They stopped selling the VH V12301 Supersport pipe but found a dealer who has one. has anyone put this on an 82 GS11E with NO mods
    Thanks

Re: Headers for 82 GS1100E

Originally posted by bostrom155
    I'm in dire need of an exhaust as mine has cracked under the belly, and they are 10 year old Supertrapp's. Seems only SuperTrapp/Kerker or VH's are left as an option (no Mac's) They stopped selling the VH V12301 Supersport pipe but found a dealer who has one. has anyone put this on an 82 GS11E with NO mods
    Thanks
    I don't know the part #, but this VH will fit with no mods

Comment

Thanks Daveo that looks like the pro pipe does it have a baffle?

Comment

Originally posted by bostrom155
        Thanks Daveo that looks like the pro pipe does it have a baffle?
        Yes it does, be careful though, 'pro pipe' might be the one that's actually set up for a lowered drag bike and the collector wraps around the front and side, instead of underneath like this one, this is for a streetbike, I think Scotty (Slowpokey) has the 'pro-pipe' one I'm talking about, it's a little wider and doesn't lean as well, pipe drags too early

Comment

I have the vh supersport on mine but also K&N pods and a dynajet kit. I like the pipe. I believe the exhaust Dave has is the v/h megaphone.
          1982 GS1000S Katana
          1982 GS1100E

Comment

Pano, would u happen to know if it's the 12301

Comment

I have the same V&H pipe on my 1100 (12301). You have to remove the centerstand for it to fit and also remove the entire pipe to change the oil and filter. Might be too inconvenient for some.

Comment

I just checked my receipts and it is listed as v12301. I paid $337.45 in April of 1999. Like Jeff says, you do have to remove it to change the oil and filter.
                1982 GS1000S Katana
                1982 GS1100E

Comment

Mine still has the centerstand, oil change is just an oil change, no removing anything extra

Comment

Thank very much for the help. I emailed VH and they discontinued this pipe in spring of 2002, but found a part house that advertised it. i emailed them but nothing yet. hate to remove centerstnd, but the pipe looks so good. has anyone had to paint thiers yet? or a pic with this pipe on the bike

Comment

Take a look in the Gallery under 1982. Jeff Tate's bike is there with the pipe on it.
                      1982 GS1000S Katana
                      1982 GS1100E

Comment

It's not a V&H but there's a NOS Mac 2-piece exhaust on eBay right now -

I have a 2-piece on my 1100e which I believe is a Mac. I still have the center stand, and access to both the oil plug and filter w/o having to remove the exhaust.

Jeff

Comment

Just as luck would have it , the VH supersport at www.motorclemart.com is no longer in stock, guess i'll have to settle for the megaphone after all, then on another thread i see it's TOO quiet, great

Comment

ok will this pipe fit my 82 GS11E http://street-bikes.ridegear.com/cgi...html?E+scstore

Comment

I have heard some of the old megaphone exhausts and they were loud. I am sure the baffle was removed. The Supersport pipe from the last web site you posted looks like the one but the application selection does not include th 82 1100e. I would call them and make sure it will fit and if it doesn't make sure you can return it.
                              1982 GS1000S Katana
                              1982 GS1100E

Comment

Working...
                              X