What does a gs 1100g motor weigh?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What does a gs 1100g motor weigh?

OK, I'm thinking about my swapping motor with something a bit beefier. I need to know roughly what is the weight of the 1100g motor and what size are the standard mikuni cv carbs. Thanks for your input.
    Guy.

Re: What does a gs 1100g motor weigh?

Originally posted by Guy
    OK, I'm thinking about my swapping motor with something a bit beefier. I need to know roughly what is the weight of the 1100g motor and what size are the standard mikuni cv carbs. Thanks for your input.
    Guy.
    you going to use another shaft driven motor in it???

Comment

Yeah, I'm thinking of putting an 1100 motor into my 850 frame. They're both shafties. The reason I need to know the weight is for shipping costs.

Comment

Hmmmm, I had a boat with a 185 lb outboard and was able to pick it up and hang it on the transom and I have a assembled Nissan 4 cyl car engine that weighs 245 lb that I picked up and put on a dolly. I have an assembled spare 16 valve 1100 engine and I cannot pick it up and put it on the dolly.
        ( I had to block it up in stages and walk it onto the dolly) So, my best GUESS is something in the 250-275 lb range. Probably counting crating, you should plan on a max of about 300 lbs.

Earl
        Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

I saw that 1100G motor too! But shipping to Cal $2-300

Comment

Working...
          X