Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Float level, round bit or tabs. Which high point?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Float level, round bit or tabs. Which high point?

When measuring the float level with a vernier from which position do I measure.

The gasket seat, the ridge or the lowest point?

The Float, The highest point on the round plastic bit or the flat spot where the Tab is bonded to the float?

Re: Float level, round bit or tabs. Which high point?

Float height is measured with the carb held upside down and is the distance between the metal surface the float bowl gasket would seat on to the top of the plastic float.

Earl

Originally posted by Paul12
    When measuring the float level with a vernier from which position do I measure.

The gasket seat, the ridge or the lowest point?

The Float, The highest point on the round plastic bit or the flat spot where the Tab is bonded to the float?
    Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

I'm still wondering the same.

I'm still wondering the same.

1. I'm pretty sure you measure with the gasket removed, and bellow the little ridge.

2. I'm not really sure if you measure from the curved part of the float, or the flat part above that. I think I measured from the top of the curved part. Just before the flat section.

Comment

Just like Earl said.
        And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
        Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

What they said........without gasket! See pic.

Frosty (falsely accused of "Thread-Hijacking"!)
          "Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot."

Owner of:
          1982 GS1100E
          1995 Triumph Daytona 1200

Comment

A picture tells a thousand words. I feel better now.

Comment

I must be the "better idiot" that everybody is talking about.

It's the round part of the float right?

The flat part isn't actually floating but the previous person inside of my carbs kind of set it to the flat part. The origional settings are so hap hazard I'm not sure where to measure from.

Cheers, Steve

Comment

With the carbs upside down, gasket removed, float needle valve in place, measure from the carb body(where the gasket sits) to the HIGHEST point of the float. Don't be concerned about the shape of the float. Make sure both the left and right float are the same. Sometimes they are tweaked a little and will be uneven. If so, carefully bend them so they're even.
                And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
                Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Working...
                X