Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The real deal on radiator hose intakes...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The real deal on radiator hose intakes...

OK, what gives....I've seen about a 50/50 split on the research I've been doing. Either it will run like crap with flat spots eveywhere...or they work great. I'm going to try the carbs from my 750 (32mm) on my hopped up 836cc, Andrews cammed CB 750 motor in my chopper. The stockers are re-jetted 29mm, and have a slightly different spread than the 32s.
    I understand that the manifolds have a reducer to match the throat of the carb with the intake portion of the head...and one would "assume" that the lack of this piece in the hose may cause undesireable flow, but some folks swear by them, some swear at them. I'm stumped. Has anyone tried this low-buck approach before?
    Wisdom please.....

Re: The real deal on radiator hose intakes...

Originally posted by Mark Harrop
    Has anyone tried this low-buck approach before?
    Wisdom please.....
    Yes...... Works fine for me. Just make sure to use radiator hose clamps and not the cheesy little clamps found on your carbs.

I also think a bandsaw would be a good way to cut them. I used a utility knife and kinda butchered mine, but they still work fine.

I've been using them for 2 and 1/2 trouble free years....

Comment

thanks

That's all I needed to hear!.....Thanks for the info!

Comment

Just did this trick this weekend. Worked like a charm. They didn't come out real pretty so I may have another go at it in the future. But for now radiator hose has changed my bike from a slob into a screamer.

Comment

Working...
        X