83-85 GS550 valve/camshaft cover gasket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

83-85 GS550 valve/camshaft cover gasket

first off, does anyone have a picture of a 83-85 550 valve/camshaft cover gasket?

does anyone know how many bolts hold down the cover?

if anyone has a 83-85 GS550, can you take a picture of the engine from the front...showing the bolts holding down the valve/camshaft cover please.

your help is greatly appreciated.

~Adam

I have an 83 GS550L with the 16 valve TSCC head. Is this the head you need to know about? Mine has tapered head allen screws with "O" ring seals under them. If I remember right it has eight of them. It's outside in the dark and I have already gotten comfortable for the night.

Comment

yes, TT...yours is the engine i'd like a picture of if possible. can you take it from the front, close up, showing the cover and bolts if possible.

you can email me them at reinkster@hotmail.com if they aren't too big.

i REALLY appreciate it.

~Adam

Comment

I will try to get you some tomorrow if it is not pouring down rain like the weather forcast is predicting. It will be almost dark when i get home from work but I'll do what I can.

Comment

TT, we actually got it figured out. the gasket difference was because of the 82 GS550 Katana motor that used a goofy bolt on the front of the engine.

you dont have to take the picture now if you dont want...i do appreciate you offering to though.

~Adam

Comment

Working...
          X