4 into 2 Turnouts vs. Megaphone for an 80gs1000e

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 into 2 Turnouts vs. Megaphone for an 80gs1000e

I have been trying to locate a new replacement 4 into 2 exhaust system for my 80gs1000e. All I can find is the 4 into 2 with turnouts. I was looking to find the megaphone style but can't seem to find it new. Anybody have 4 into 2 setup with turnouts or know where to get the 4 in 2 with megaphones?

How do the turnouts differ from the megaphone style in sound and performance?

vs.

I found a pair of Jardine megaphones on ebay for my 1000, very nice mellow sound. We have 4 to 1 kerker on the 750 that sounds like your raising hell every time you crack the throttle.
    The Jardine megaphones use the factory head pipes, so you must cut the factory mufflers off the outside pipes(no problem).
    The 750 had the turnouts your talking about when I bought it, they were in bad shape. Surface rust and pitted, while the rest of the bike is clean.
    (I also didn't care for the look of turnouts)

Comment

how about one of these 4 into 1's they look pretty bad ass.

GS1000 M10S ?213.85 ?189.95

i know it's in pounds!!!

ryan
      78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
      82 Kat 1000 Project
      05 CRF450x
      10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

Those are very nice $$$. Sweet chrome. Wow.....I wish this one was available:

Originally posted by first timer
        how about one of these 4 into 1's they look pretty bad ass.

GS1000 M10S ?213.85 ?189.95

i know it's in pounds!!!

ryan

Comment

I,ve got to add my bit........I,ve got the motad 4 into 1 fitted on my GS850, its a great quality pipe and sounds sweet!!!
          I once had a Neta pipe fitted to a Honda CB750....looks good initially but discolours badlyafter a while...

Comment

i'd go with a 4-1 header Domino...you may not have to rejet if you keep your airbox, and the sound will be...more performance toned. you'll sound like mine or Ryan's too. 8)

Comment

Yeah......I confirm that! The motad at least is just a straight swop for the original system, & no rejetting needed.
              If you just wanted a replacement 2 into 2, I think `JAMA` do a O.E system at a price similar to the `Motad`(Here in England at least!)

Comment

what Motad model fits the GS550 77-79? does it look like the above?

Comment

Originally posted by nicky boy
                  The motad at least is just a straight swop for the original system, & no rejetting needed.
                  If you just wanted a replacement 2 into 2, I think `JAMA` do a O.E system at a price similar to the `Motad`(Here in England at least!)
                  No rejetting for the 4 into 1 setup? You have it on your bike right? That's good to know as I do not really want to rejet. I'l check the Jama systems.....

Originally posted by AOD
                  .....you'll sound like mine or Ryan's too. 8)
                  .....except with twice the displacement ....hehheh.....hehe...

I am still looking at those 4 into 1 setups. Your guys bikes sound cool. They are pretty sweet, I like the Motad, Kerker and Vance pipes so far. That chrome Motad 4 into 1 is killer!

I do like the 4 into 2 exhausts for the stereophonic sound one gets from duals, left and right makes it throaty/bass laden....

Ohhhhhh the choices!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X