Back Brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back Brakes

I have a 1981GS 1100e ,Im haveing problem with the back brake not releasing. Have replaced master cylinder,line and caliber still does same thing. Im stumped, any suggestions as to what to try next welcomed.

Did you thourorly clean the brake assembly when you had the caliphers out? How about the rubber boots? What shape is the calipher housing in?

Just some thoughts.

Comment

I have seen brake pads wear unevenly. If so, placing them back in the calipers backwards may cause some slight binding. Are they slightly dragging or staying fully binded?

Comment

Re: Back Brakes

Well, the only thing left is the brake caliper. I think it very likely there is a build up of rust/gunk/grime under the pads. I would remove the pads and give everything a good cleaning.

Earl

Originally posted by Glen Lewis
        I have a 1981GS 1100e ,Im haveing problem with the back brake not releasing. Have replaced master cylinder,line and caliber still does same thing. Im stumped, any suggestions as to what to try next welcomed.
        Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

That human beings can not bear too much reality, explains so much.

Comment

I took the caliber apart and cleaned it, look ok to me. If i use bake brake while riding, it will stay engaged a little more each time its used, finally will have to stop and let pressure of with the bleeder.

Comment

Working...
          X