I need speedometer help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need speedometer help.

The original speedo has had the glass changed or something.The ring holding the glass in is all bent up.I bought another speedo and would like to change that bent ring out.Is there some magic thing you can do to get the ring off or is this why the original was bent up?
    I guess I could just swap the whole thing but I would like to keep the miles right.This new one has about 14000 fewer miles on it.Call me crazy but I would rather brag about how many miles on the clock then how few

No chance.

That how the old one got bent. I don't know if any shops can do it. That would be your best bet. Probably not cheap, but they could lube the thing or service it.

Comment

sometime it is better to leave things alone. and this is probably one of them. It's very hard to find any one to work on Jap gauges. The ring will be distroyed if you try and remove it.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys.I'll just have to put the whole new unit on.It's in great shape.I wonder if I could roll the miles forward on it with a drill?hmmm.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys.I'll just have to put the whole new unit on.It's in great shape.I wonder if I could roll the miles forward on it with a drill?hmmm.
          We had a thread on this last week.

Where in Kentucky is Flat Lick?
          Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Comment

dpep,
            Flat Lick is about 30 miles north from Tennessee going over Cumberland Gap.It's about as "In the boonies"as you can get.Great rideing though!I'm going to ride to cumberland falls this weekend.It's just about 40 miles away but man,you should see the road!I'll try to post some pics for you guys.

Comment

Flat Lick is about 30 miles north from Tennessee going over Cumberland Gap.It's about as "In the boonies"as you can get.Great rideing though!I'm going to ride to cumberland falls this weekend.It's just about 40 miles away but man,you should see the road!I'll try to post some pics for you guys.
              It looks like some great riding. Thunder Road country.
              Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Comment

Working...
              X