750 engine parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

750 engine parts

I was wondering how easy it would be to swap engine parts between different years and models of 750s. I know the 80+ years had the 4 valves per cylinder, but could you replace the top end of the engine on a 79 with the newer 4 valve peices? or were there other changes made as well? Also is there a difference in the L model engines and the E model engines? Thats all the questions for now. Any help is welcomed.

All 2 valve engines are the same regardless of model 1980 up 4 valve engines are the same too. Only diff maybe a slight dif in cam profiles and carbs jetting. I don't think there is much that is interchangeable between the two.
    unless some one knows different????

Comment

I have an 83 GS750ED. The engine is a whole different animal from earlier GS750's, although still being 4 valves per cylinder. I don't think any parts will interchange with earlier engines. Especially exhausts.
      Edit: I believe some of the oldstyle bikes were made in 83, probably to clear out inventory. I think they wer designated a 1983 GS750TD. If you have one of these and it is a monoshock, with an oil cooler, please let me know. That would mean I was wrong.

Comment

Right, 80 - 82 are completly different then the 83 - 85

Comment

Except the 16V 750S (Katana) motor - it was the same from 1980-1984, then they started using the '83+ 750E/700E motor. Not sure if the '80-'84 Kat motor was the same as the '80-'82 first gen 16V 750 motor.

-Q!

Comment

thanks guys,

just was kind of wondering the feasiblility of changing my 79 2 valve engine into a 4 valve model. But i also remembered that after 80 they changed piston design for the tscc. sounds like much more work then its worth.

Comment

Working...
            X