Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

pictures of my 78 gs1000 drag bike old school cool!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pictures of my 78 gs1000 drag bike old school cool!!!!!!!!

wrong pics

bike parts

if anyone needs parts for any kind of street bike let me know i got a few and more coming every week.

Comment

Cool bike!

Comment

bike

thanks i like the look more than this newer show room stuff allthough im in the market for a chopper something in the lines of occ a long raked out chopper old school for it to.

Comment

Hey Michael

If you happen to stumble across a 4- into -1 exhaust for a 79 gs 750 let me know ok?

Thanks!

James

Comment

4 1 pipe

i have a header pipe but not the silencer i will look to see what kind of shape it is in i will take $25.00 plus shipping whats your zip?

Comment

Where did you get that tank? Did you have to modify the stock mounts for the tank? I want that tank! Tank...! =P~ I like the paint job I've done on mine...but the tank is the stock one....looks too bulky for my application.

Also...did you modify that back end to be a rigid? Did you lower the rear end to do this? God I love that bike.....it's exactly the way I've been trying to customize my GS 650 GL.

Comment

Originally posted by camaroman
                Where did you get that tank? Did you have to modify the stock mounts for the tank? I want that tank! Tank...! =P~
                It's a Harley-Davidson Sportster tank :twisted: you have to modify the mounts, the front ones for sure. And it holds 8.5 liters...at most.

Comment

by the way...wheres the air box on that bike? Seems to be missing.

Comment

tank

hey that ways my secret lol. yes its a sportster tank you just need to 6 inch pieces if 1/8 flat steel 1/8 by 1 inch drill holes in the middle weld one side then arch it then weld to the other side it looks good all the way up to the bike the rear swing arm is a 6 over and we just mounted steel there for shocks thank i like the bike alot it turns heads as much as someones 35.000 bike. the harley tank had two fuel shut offs so i blocked one. i can send you a close up of the mount with the tank off wednesday? thanks for the complement on the bike..mike

Comment

filters

look closer k+n's i think was a big mistake untill i rode it when i lined it out

Comment

Re: tank

Originally posted by michael kinder
                        hey that ways my secret lol.
                        Na na nanana! :twisted:

watch out that you don't get sued by "the Company" for illegal use of their parts :mrgreen:

Comment

gs 1000

i bought this from a retired racer he did most his self he bought the bike new went to the dealer and stripped it down he had it race ready through the winter.i have just been doing odd and ends to it the way i like to see one. it came be street leagal with lights and blinkers but the cops still look hard.im planning on racing the season on a 1/8 mile track local they are going to have saturday night races if you stay in front all night they say it will be a 3000.00 purse.... and all season points leader is going to be 30.000 sound good to me.there is no fast bike over there. i think the fastest was a 01 ri yamaha pulling low 7"s i think i can take him he live a miles from me.he said i make him nerveos when he hears my bike start you can feel the thump in your gut..

Comment

parts

i know how that is at least there is no harley fans closer around me this is rice country...

Comment

Here is mine as it sits. I want to lower the rear end a bit, get rid of the shocks and put bars in their place like yours. The turn signals need to be updated to a newer style. Rather than sticking out 6 inches and looing like aircraft wings....go with a bullet style from JCWhitney. I would like to change the tank...now I know that I can. Obviously the rest of the engine needs to go back on....(head is off for valve job) The bars are stock....I already re-shaped and re-apulstered (sp) the seat. Paint is obviously redone....my girlfriend wants me to add some other design to the tank...but I like it the way it is.

Comment

Working...
                              X