Ignition Switch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ignition Switch?

I took the right hand switch assembly apart to clean the contacts, and put it back together (this is on my '82 GS1100e). Once it was back together I found a small approximately 1/4" long 1-3mm diameter spring on the floor. The only spring that seems to have a place in the assembly is the start button spring, and it was already installed. So is there another smaller spring in the assembly, that I dropped when I opened the case? Maybe it was dropped at an earlier time by someone trying to frustrate me?

Did you take apart the assembly for the brake lever switch? It has a little spring and a little contact bent in the shape of a "U" which can easily get lost if you're not careful.
    Frosty (falsely accused of "Thread-Hijacking"!)
    "Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot."

Owner of:
    1982 GS1100E
    1995 Triumph Daytona 1200

Comment

I didn't take apart the brake lever switch, but I it does seem the smaller spring was from something else.
      Thanks,
      Billy Miles

Comment

The only other electrical part in the right switchgear is the kill switch. That's something you want to make sure works 100%. Maybe it supplies pressure to the contacts in that switch.

Comment

I haven't even seen it in my GS but on some of my other bikes the high/low and on/off switches had little springs on both top and bottom of the in the direction that they slide. Not sure what for other than to make it a stable posision. Not sure, but they were/are there.

Comment

Working...
          X