GS 1150 bar-end weights.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS 1150 bar-end weights.

For all you 1150 owners out there. Does anyone know if there was a difference between the bar-ends on the 1150E and the 1150ES. The ones that I had on my 84 ES are about 1" in dia. and about 2" long. One vibrated loose this summer and is lost forever. A few weeks ago I found a pair on e-bay that looked identical, so I bid on them and got them,but when they arrived they were different. I mean they are the same shape but the new ones are only 7/8" in dia. and about 1" long. They were listed as coming off a 1150E. So does each model have a different weight? or are these off another bike completely. BTW I would still like to find another set of the larger weights, or at least one to replace the lost one, if any one has extras.
    Doze.

Yes Doze there are different weight bar-end weights for the 1150's I dont recall the exact weights but there are definately different part numbers for the bar-ends. I will check it out on Monday and let you know.
    Dink

Comment

I would be surprized if the dealer didn't have that part. You may want to just give them a call. I know the local Suzuki dealer in my area has a "warehouse" they get parts from and they seem to have every part made for my 78 GS1000 in stock. Your bike is a lot newer than mine. There is a good chance your parts are in stock as well.

Comment

According to the 1985 suppliment for the GS 1150 service manual. HANDLEBAR BALANCER, Balancer weight is changed, 440g to 225g including cap, screw, and washer weight. Also weights are installed to the bottom of both footrests.

Comment

I have one GSX 1100 EF 1984, and one GSX 1100 EF 1985 (in US and Canada GS 1150 EF).

On the 1984 model the handle bar weights are about twice the size (bigger) of the weights on the 1985 model.

On the 1985 model there are also weights mounted under the driver?s footrests.

The 1984 model has no weight under the drivers footrests, possible to see on pictures.

If you look carefully to the pics, you can see the difference.

BTW:

The E model is rebuilt from an EF model with the EF handle bar weights and EF footrests.

And yes!, I still have some problems with vibrations, but it has improved a lot, after syncing the carbs, retourqeuing the engine, filling the handlebars with heavy blastering sand, and balancing the wheels.

Thanks Dink for your input "spot on is not near enough"

Comment

Working...
          X