found most of my problem me lol gs1000 drag bike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

found most of my problem me lol gs1000 drag bike

i went back through the carbs today turns out the first time i took them off the vent hose fell off it is a one way vacum hose i did not pay any attenion i used it for my fuel line so i was getting a drip at a time of gas. when i check the bowls they was full every time because they had time to fill up so i put my 97.5 jets back in fired it up flooded my plugs before because i had 155 jets changed the plugs bingo now im running on all 4 now i just need to fine tune all alon it was just the one way vacumm hose i put on the fuel line..duh on me

Re: found most of my problem me lol gs1000 drag bike

Originally posted by michael kinder
    i went back through the carbs today turns out the first time i took them off the vent hose fell off it is a one way vacum hose i did not pay any attenion i used it for my fuel line so i was getting a drip at a time of gas. when i check the bowls they was full every time because they had time to fill up so i put my 97.5 jets back in fired it up flooded my plugs before because i had 155 jets changed the plugs bingo now im running on all 4 now i just need to fine tune all alon it was just the one way vacumm hose i put on the fuel line..duh on me
    That's Great so lets Race

Jake
    1166cc 1/8 ET 6.09@111.88
    1166cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.70@122.85
    1395cc 1/8 ET 6.0051@114.39
    1395cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.71@113.98 "With a broken wrist pin too"
    01 Sporty 1/8 ET 7.70@92.28, 1/4 ET 12.03@111.82

Comment

RACE

WHERE WHEN? IM ON I HAVE A LOCAL GUY WANTING TO GO THREE POLES FOR 50.00 HE HAS A 99 NINJA 750 I KNOW I CAN TAKE HIM HE ONLY GET 90 MPH IN THE 1/8

Comment

Be careful out there. In street racing I worry about things I can't see, like other vehicles. That's why I do it at the track cause the other vehicle is the ambulance.

When I take my bike down a side road for a quick test my biggest problem is the lack of traction. I just spin, spin, spin the rear tire.

At the track my 60 footer are in the 1.70's and if I'm really hot I may pop off one in the 1.60's range. If I had drag bars I would guess 1.30 range maybe better.

Jake
        1166cc 1/8 ET 6.09@111.88
        1166cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.70@122.85
        1395cc 1/8 ET 6.0051@114.39
        1395cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.71@113.98 "With a broken wrist pin too"
        01 Sporty 1/8 ET 7.70@92.28, 1/4 ET 12.03@111.82

Comment

Re: found most of my problem me lol gs1000 drag bike

Originally posted by michael kinder
          Based on your previous posts about your mod's, you're running way too lean. If you run the stock carbs, the best you can do is lower the needle clip to at least the 4th position from the top or even the bottom position.
          A 125 main would probably get you close. Turn the pilot screws (underneath) out 2 turns and adjust the side air screws for the highest rpm and re-set idle. Get all 4 carbs synch'd so the levels are within 1 cm of each other. Remove the 2 floatbowl vent tubes for better venting. Clean your gas cap vent. Check/replace your petcock vacuum line.
          And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
          Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Working...
          X