need help_airbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need help_airbox

I am having a problem getting the air box back into the right position, it was not properly attached when I got the bike, I have the battery out and everything out of the way but it seems like it is about an inch too short, even with a bit of force it does not seem to want to go into place, I've used WD-40 to ease it into place but no go....any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks Barbara 86 GS 550

airbox

Im having the same problem w/ my 550, I have not been able to get this airbox hooked up and the carbs together. I have left it off for now. It looks like a time consuming job ahead. wiggle, pry, wiggle pry, wiggle, shove!

Comment

unfortunately the 550 can be one of the hardest to get the air cleaner back on.
      you have to just take a deep breath and be patient with it.

Comment

deep breath my ass...i got SO *@%^$*@%^$*@%^$*@%^$ed when i tried to remove that airbox. i got it out and it went SAILING across the parking lot in a fit of anger.

i switched the bike to pods. $40 of well spent money on my sanity.

~Adam

Comment

I had to take the carbs out to get the box to fit in on my older bike. This bike already had individual K&N's and is going to stay that way.

I'll bet you have to remove the carbs to get it to fit in there.

Comment

Working...
          X