gs 1428 drag bike question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gs 1428 drag bike question

im making custom side covers on my drag bike. where can i get a blueprint of bolt locations for left and right side covers. also crank to c/s dimension. thanks in advance, mike

I'm not sure where yopu would get drawings...I would use a caliper or a metal straight edge.

Hap

Comment

GS1428 drag bike question

Take your cover gaskets , draw round them carefully on graph paper.Select a suitable datum and take measurements in X and Y directions , create a drawing. Time consuminig , but it works...I do it all the time at my work to make custom stainless car parts

Comment

Or take your stock covers, bolt them (using the fixing holes) to the plate you are going to use, and scribe around the stock cover, drill through to obtain the holes.

Comment

thanks for your replies. yes, i realize if all else fails i can do it those ways. i work at a machine shop and if i had prints i could make exact plates instead of close enough. thanks though guys.

Comment

Re: GS1428 drag bike question

Originally posted by kawaman17
            Take your cover gaskets , draw round them carefully on graph paper.Select a suitable datum and take measurements in X and Y directions , create a drawing. Time consuminig , but it works...I do it all the time at my work to make custom stainless car parts
            kawaman17
            IF YOU LIVE IN BROOKSVILLE HOW COME WE HAVENT GOTTEN TOGETHER FOR A RIDE ????

Comment

Working...
            X