Rotor removal & source for online parts fiche (1985 gs11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rotor removal & source for online parts fiche (1985 gs11

I also need to find fiche so I can get the rotor part numbers (if the parts are even still available). Bike bandits fiches for the 1985 gs1150 are basically useless as they're unreadable. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

If the rotor has received that kind of abuse, then I would remove the crankshaft assembly, which should ease with the rotor removal and have the crank inspected by a qualified machine shop. I can't remember, but does the rotor have opposite(L/H) threads?

Comment

I would try the 3 leg pullers first - but they can be tight!
      It will be easier to visually check the crank whilst still in the cases.

Comment

You can try the 3-arm puller: Make sure that it is a heavy duty puller and heat the rotor first. Your chances of it working are slim.

We had to do one this past summer that wouldn't pull off. We had to cut it off. Put an steel or aluminum shield over the case first. We used a cutting torch for the outer rotor followed by a cutting disk on a die grinder followed by a cutting disk on a dremel. It is quite time comsuming since you have to be careful not to cut into the crank. We slightly nicked the crank but it worked out great.

Comment

Re: Rotor removal & source for online parts fiche (1985

A replacement rotor/stator is available from Electrex for the 1985 GS 1150.
          The Electrex part number is G 02. I just bought one a couple weeks ago. :-)

Earl

Originally posted by waltari

I also need to find fiche so I can get the rotor part numbers (if the parts are even still available). Bike bandits fiches for the 1985 gs1150 are basically useless as they're unreadable. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
          All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Try this site for fiches:

Does a great job and well worth the money many times over 8) 8)
            Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
            2000 Kawasaki Concours
            Please wear ATGATT

Comment

Working...
            X