Katana Clutch Drag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Katana Clutch Drag

Is there something tricky about Katana GSX750SD (s2)clutch adjustments?

Following maintainance guides I wound out the cable so there was plenty of plat then went to adjust the clutch!! Here-in begins my query; how do I get to the clutch adjustment screw, the right hand cover seems to open the entire crank case and I don wish to dump it's contents on the street.
    So am I just looking in the wrong place, or do I have to drain the sump to get at the clutch adjustor??

Many Thanks
    Nathan

Most GS models that have an adjustment on the engine covers have that adjuster on the countershaft sprocket cover. It's either under a rubber plug or under a smaller cover on the countershaft cover.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Ricks
      Most GS models that have an adjustment on the engine covers have that adjuster on the countershaft sprocket cover. It's either under a rubber plug or under a smaller cover on the countershaft cover.

please forgive my ignorance but where would i find that?

Comment

Left side of the motor where the shifter linkage is. You probably have a small cover held on with two bolts. The adjuster is under that smaller cover.

Comment

Had a look yesterday all I could see was the front sproket oh well will give it another look tomorrow!!

Thanx

Comment

I dug up some pictures of the left side of an SD. It looks to me like towards the front of the sprocket cover is a small round feature. It's hard to tell from the pictures, but I would guess it's the clutch adjusment. If it is it will have a slotted adjuster with a locknut on it. Get your cable play where you want it then loosen the locknut on the adjuster. Then lightly seat the slotted adjuster. Once it is seated back it off 1/4-1/2 turn. Hold it in that position with a screwdriver while you tighten the locknut.

Comment

Working...
            X