What Can does it open???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Can does it open???

Hey Dudes and Duddettes.I found a tool kit on my bike the other day.
    I worked out some of the tools.But need some low down on the tool talk.
    There's the metal oil pourer ( like a spout) its the long metal cylinder with a hexaganol end, it's pretty crap doesn't seem to hold much oil , and it slips in.
    I like the spanners that have the amount of times you have to turn them written on the ends , thats a cool idea.
    The hard one is that long flat handle with a sort of crescent shape with a notch on the end . I can't find a can of beer or soda to use this can opener.
    Is it for large jars or what??

Thanks Dudes and Duddettes , hey by the way I've been working on the
    Gr650 four and it's coming along a treat!

Wesley

that opener with long flat handle is unfamiliar to me too. but since You have a twin (or did the mechanic find the extra cylinders?) you should absolutely have two of them.

You have been cheated by the seller.

Comment

i think your "oil spout" is your spark plug wrench :?

Ian

Comment

Yep, definitely a spark plug wrench

Comment

The hard one is that long flat handle with a sort of crescent shape with a notch on the end

I would venture to guess that this is the wrench that you use to adjust the rear spring preload.
          1982 GS1100GLZ Sold but still loved
          2008 Bandit 1250 Crashed (cager on a cell phone)
          2008 Bandit 1250 #2

Comment

cresent shaped handle

that flat cresent shaped tool is for adjusting your rear shock spring tension.
            the small notch on the end of that tool fits on the holes at the base of your rear shocks.........

Comment

That is being tool for the notching or the perforating of the air filters. This is being done to increase airflows into the carbs, and giving a more free and better breathing mixture.

This mod can be making you increases in horspower well beyond the 30+ horspower gains being achieved by H-D turbolators. However, such notching should not be done at home by inexperiences users. Only persons being qualified professionuls should be trying this at home.

Comment

No silly stuff in the tech' section. You never know how some people will interpret something. Where's that fly swatter? :twisted:
                And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
                Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Yeah Dudes no silly stuff I agree with Keith.
                  The air filter I have is at the front of the engine, and is full of oil!!
                  So I went to an aquarium ( they sell filters too!) now I have an awesome filter ( carbon) and a free fish.
                  Where does it go though?

wesley

Comment

Working...
                  X