Wheel bearing identity, 1979GS850gn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheel bearing identity, 1979GS850gn

I need wheel bearings for my GS850GN 1979, don't know what sizes to order or where. I'm 100 miles or more from a Suzuki dealer. What should I order from who?
    Thanks;
    joe b.

I would check www.bikebandit.com - find your model and look for the bearings within the schematics ... once found, you can record the part numbers - then you can either order them from the same website, or go to www.ronayers.com (sometimes less expensive). Dennis Kirk is also a good source for bearings, etc. - I've ordered from them several times!! 8)

Comment

By the way - Welcome to the Forum!! 8)

Comment

If you get the bearings out & look at the outside of them there will be a number, something like 6203-2RS, or 6210. Then go to your local bearing supplier and ask for that bearing number, telling him that you want a double sealed type.
        There is another thread in this forum running at the moment about bearings, have a look.

Comment

Lots of places as noted The Suzuki pn# for front 79 GS850 w/ factory alum wheels 08123-63027

Comment

Suzuki uses common bearings. I just repaced my 1100s starter bearing for about 1/3 to 1/4 of the price of an OEM bearing by going to a bearing shop and it was in stock.

Cheers, Steve

PS One of my 400s rear bearings is spinning in its outer hub. Should I use some blue thread lock to hold it in place or just let it spin? My starter bearing has the same problem.

Comment

You can buy a product called bearing-loc. Made by loc-tite, it is similar to a thread-loc, but is obviously designed for bearings.

Comment

Originally posted by SqDancerLynn1
                Lots of places as noted The Suzuki pn# for front 79 GS850 w/ factory alum wheels 08123-63027
                The bearing number to ask for would be 6302-2RS.
                The 08123 being the Suzuki part reference.

Comment

Originally posted by srivett
                  Suzuki uses common bearings. I just repaced my 1100s starter bearing for about 1/3 to 1/4 of the price of an OEM bearing by going to a bearing shop and it was in stock.

Cheers, Steve

PS One of my 400s rear bearings is spinning in its outer hub. Should I use some blue thread lock to hold it in place or just let it spin? My starter bearing has the same problem.
                  Never let a bearing spin in his hub!!!..Unless you want to see a great damage. :?
                  Ther is a retaining compound made by LOCTITE special for bearings,
                  his name is LOCTITE 609 and the package is red.

Eliseo

Comment

Working...
                  X