85 GS550 wont fire

I know i am on the wrong page....BUT...

I NEED AN IGNITER.. PART #32900-43400..
    PLEASE HELP

TMRICKSLA@JUNO.COM

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    MISS RIDING MY BIKE

TIM

I know I say this a lot but thats because a lot of times it works out.
    Have you checked with your local dealer? Often times they can get parts for these older bikes by ordering them in. I still get part for my 78 GS1000 from the dealer. Give them a call, you may be pleasently surprized

Comment

the igniter is about $350

that little box is almost $400

i wonder if i can bring it to get it fixed.... ????

but one thing... it last 18 years.. if i can get 18 years out of the next one, i say it is probably worth it.

Comment

You should be able to get a Dyna replacement for less. I believe they made Dyna S ignitions for every GS except my 400EZ :? I could probably get a Dyna 2000 for my 400 but it would end up on my 1100 in the end :P

Steve

Comment

I just had a look and Dynatek is flooding the market with the one you want for 100$USD. I hope they aren't going to stop making them... You'll have to figure out what brand of ignition you currently have as well as see if you have a mechanical advance (required). Other places sell this product too so shop around.

Cheers, Steve

Comment

Get the dyna!!!!!!!!! You can use your original coils with it I would suspect that they will discontinue them when the current supply is sold SO now is the time to buy it. YOU will have to retro fit a mechanical advance unit from an earlier motor

Comment

Working...
            X