What year 750 oil pump gear will fit my 82GS1100e

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What year 750 oil pump gear will fit my 82GS1100e

What year/model 750 oil pump gear will fit my 82GS1100e? Star racing sells them for $55.55, but I figure I can get the OEM for less. Do I need any other parts like circlips etc? Thanks in advance.
    1982 GS1000S Katana
    1982 GS1100E

the pump you need is from a FOUR valve GS750

Comment

Just thought I'd mention, I don't think it's the pump you need. The '82 750 and 1100 pumps are the same. It's the drive and driven gears you probably want to increase the oil flow. I got mine from an 82 750E.

Comment

I compared the 82gs750e and the 82gs1100e oil pump assemblies on Bike Bandit and they were the same except for the driven gear. I figure thats the gear I need. Again, thanks for your replies.
        1982 GS1000S Katana
        1982 GS1100E

Comment

You need BOTH gears. If you think about it, if you change the number of teeth on one gear then something has to change on the other gear, diameter, width of teeth, something. ... to allow them to mesh correctly.

Guess how many of the two gears I had gotten before this occurred to me .

Also, if you aren't going to get the gears from one of the aftermarket places, take the part numbers from BikeBandit and check prices on ww.RonAyers.com. They are pretty much always cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by pano
            I compared the 82gs750e and the 82gs1100e oil pump assemblies on Bike Bandit and they were the same except for the driven gear. I figure thats the gear I need. Again, thanks for your replies.
            cant be --if you try to change only onr gear it wont fit. You definitely need the set

Comment

It looks like Star Racing actually sells a set for 55.55, so I think that solves my problem.

I am getting my winter modification parts at the ready. Thanks again for your replies.
              1982 GS1000S Katana
              1982 GS1100E

Comment

Working...
              X