GS1100EX Warning Light Display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS1100EX Warning Light Display

Is it normal for the dash warnings to be lit up when the key is turned on? I don't have any carbs on my bike right now so I'm wondering if something is wrong. Do the lights turn off when the bike is started?

I've only ridden it once so I really don't know.

Thanks, Steve

On my '82 1100e the warning lights will usually stay on for 30s or so, after which some will sometimes go off on their own. I don't know whether or not this is normal but so far everything works fine.

Jeff

Comment

On my 78 1000 they come on and stay on until the engine is fired.

Comment

Re: GS1100EX Warning Light Display

Originally posted by srivett
        Is it normal for the dash warnings to be lit up when the key is turned on? I don't have any carbs on my bike right now so I'm wondering if something is wrong. Do the lights turn off when the bike is started?

I've only ridden it once so I really don't know.

Thanks, Steve
        Yes, that is normal. If the oil pressure sensor indicates low oil pressure they will all stay on.

Hap

Comment

Re: GS1100EX Warning Light Display

Originally posted by srivett
          Is it normal for the dash warnings to be lit up when the key is turned on? I don't have any carbs on my bike right now so I'm wondering if something is wrong.
          They all come on in that fashion so you can check to make sure all bulbs are operating properly.

Comment

Working...
          X