Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cylinder rebore - recommendation for machine shop in SoCal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cylinder rebore - recommendation for machine shop in SoCal?

I have a set of 1135 Wiseco pistons for my other bike (82 GPz 1100) and need to know who does good machine work at reasonable rates in Southern California - can anybody help?

I send my boring jobs to Cope Racing in Florida. It only costs about $20 for shipping and I know I have one of the best shops in the US doing the work. Send your pistons along with the block. It turned out to be cheaper than sending it to a local shop here in Beaumont.

Hap

Comment

For me it's not about the best shop in the U.S. It's about being able to complain in person when it's not done to my specs. Machine work can and is often done poorly by "high profile" shops. I've heard good things about Cope. They seem to offer a nice service, if you went with them you'd most likely be satisfied. If I might offer another choice that is local (Costa Mesa) http://www.ca-speedshop.com/ Check em out, they know 80's bikes. They also know the machine shops to use. Plus shipping would be the cost of gas.

Comment

Thanks a bunch - up in Costa Mesa they have every sort of shop, I just couldn't find one on the Web.

Comment

Vance & Hines in Sun Valley (10 miles north of L.A.) does good work. They bored/honed my 1000 to 1085. I've got 13,000 miles so far and she runs great. I went there because Motorcyclist Mag' suggested them and some local riders. I don't remember the price but they we're competitive with others. If interested: Ask for Rick, 818-768-9026.
          And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
          Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Answering my own question a bit, but being a cheapskate, I found a great deal on rebore - $35 a hole. It is R Cal Racing in Huntington Beach CA. http://www.rcalracing.com/

Comment

Working...
            X