Can I use any side stand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I use any side stand?

Yet another post about my 85 gs500e! The kickstand is bent and actually interferes with shifting. The arch of my foot hits the end of it when shifting and I really can't get the entire toe of my boot under the lever, just the big toe. Do I need to look for a stand specific to my model, or are there other solutions?
    Thanks!

You need to find one the right length, probably the other measurements are somewhat standard. I have kickstand off a 80 550 that might be right for you, measure yours and let me know.

Comment

I guess I typo'd. It's a gs550e, not a gs500e as I first mentioned. I'll measure it and will let you know. Thanks again!

Comment

cant you get someone to put a torch on it and straighten it out. Or do you know someone with a very large vise.??????

Comment

Originally posted by slopoke
          cant you get someone to put a torch on it and straighten it out. Or do you know someone with a very large vise.??????
          That's a good tip! 8)
          I did that with a brake pedal once. Worked great!

Comment

If you need a picture of one folded up (positioning) I could help you (I have a 1985 550E). Memory says the base folds up about 1 inch in front of the peg and just slightly lower. If you had big feet, I think it could easily get in the way. If there is not enough toe rome, take off the shifter and reposition it one spline up.

Kenny

Comment

If you have that picture I'd be interested in seeing it.

Comment

Will take one tonight, and post it tomorrow.

Kenny

Comment

Working...
                X