brake?'s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

brake?'s

What brake pads do you guys use? This will be the first time I have replaced motorcycle brake parts. Also, does anyone know what the minimum thickness of stock rotors is, before they need to be replaced? Also, can bike rotors be turned like auto rotors?

And one more question. I am going to install emulators and new springs in my forks. Will the anti-dive units hinder the handling improvement of the emulators?

Thanks,
    Billy Miles

Brakes

My choice is EBC pads as the don't seem to wear the disc as bad. The min thickness is marked inbetween the bolts that hold the disc on. I have worked in both car & bike shops and the car disc are machined while the bike ones are ground both on special machines.

Comment

Now Billy just to confuse the issue I also use EBC brake pads, BUT only in my rear brake to deaden it!!! I use and highly recommend Vesrah disc pads as they contain Kevlar and make an enormous improvement in braking power and feel. I have tried Genuine, SBS, EBC and Vesrah and the Vesrah are now my favourites.
      Dink

Comment

The service limit on front discs is .18", rear disc is .24".
        Be advised that racetech tells you to disconnect or deactivate the antidive and damping adjuster when installing the emulators.
        You also have to drill holes in the damping rod, so there's no going back once they're installed.

bill

Comment

Thanks for your replies guys.

Is anyone using the emulators, and is it worth it?

Comment

Machining rotors?

OK, I've been told by two different motorcycle shops in the Dallas Tx area that motorcycle rotors can't be turned, only replaced. Anyone know where this can be done in the Dallas/Ft Worth area?

Comment

Working...
            X