Carb Question..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carb Question..

I finished cleaning and assembling my carbs, I mounted them in the vice and filled them with gas, I checked each bowl drain and all had gas. If my float valves were leaking where would the gas come out of ???
    Thanks.

Gas would come out of the overflow tubes, and perhaps out of the filter side of the carb throat.

Comment

Ok, I put a long piece of hose on the carb fuel inlet and filled the carbs and left gas in the fuel line, and nothing appeared to be leaking and there was gas in each bowl (I losened the bowl drain screws a little till gas came out) so it looks like they are full since there is still gas in the fuel line. So can I assume that the float valves are working ok and put the carbs back on the bike ??
      Thanks.

Comment

Make sure that you clean the tank too and install a fuel filter. to keep your newly cleaned carbs working like they are suspose to.

Comment

Fuel Filter Fuel Filter Fuel Filter. ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS No matter how clean you think that tank is put one in. Save you a lot of headahces.

Comment

I did put an inline filter in before putting any gas in, and I don't see any leaks so I am going to put them back on the bike and see if she works. I only get a hour here and there to work on this.
            Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
            X