compression teting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

compression teting

i have a compression tester, but it is more for cars...meaning it doesnt have the small size adapter fo my gs, anyone know where i can get one?...make oneout of an old spark plug??

Re: compression teting

Originally posted by GS650rabbit
    i have a compression tester, but it is more for cars...meaning it doesnt have the small size adapter fo my gs, anyone know where i can get one?...make oneout of an old spark plug??
    Thats odd, I bought one at Candian Tire (designed for cars I think) and it fit my gs just fine. To make it easy on you, bring your plug into the store and see if the compression tester is the same size.

hope this helps...Sam

Comment

If you have D type NGK plugs you need a 12 mm adaptor. I paid 20$CDN for my compression tester and 15$ for the brass adaptor! I wanted to walk out with that one... I don't recall the brand but any parts dealer with a limited tool supply will be able to order it. The compression testers usually come with 14 mm short and deep, and short reach 18 mm. 10 mm adapters are available but I've only seen these spark plugs used on 300CFM+ air/propane asphalt lances

Turns out I have 150PSI so I'm a happy and surprised camper.

Cheers, Steve

Comment

Vintage bike AND a vintage car!

Comment

Working...
        X