Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1100 katana cam/ carb setup help wanted

Hi guys,
    I'm building a standard katana 1100 engine into my 750 frame. As it's still out I thought I'd make use of it and set it up as far as I can. I read a lot about the standard cam timing being miles out. How do I set this up? I know there's some degree-disk needed (where to buy?), and I need to get my sprockets slotted?
    It's a standard engine which runs 4 K&N filters on standard carbs. Any tips on how to setup the carbs/ cams with these filters? I use a marshall straight-thru pipe. I'm going for usable power and smoothness rather than top end.
    Thanks in advance, Marco.

Go to http://www.aperaceparts.com if you go the GS ZONE, you will find a degreeing wheel and or kit under the tools section.

Craig

Comment

Hello Marco
      Check out this site and print a copy of this degree wheel on card stock and either glue it on a peice of thin metal or have it laminated for a couple of dollars.

Please let us know if you were able to download this wheel. I myself just printed it this AM.
      Best of luck. Regards, Archie

Comment

Originally posted by ARCHIE ANDERSON
        Hello Marco
        Check out this site and print a copy of this degree wheel on card stock and either glue it on a peice of thin metal or have it laminated for a couple of dollars.

Please let us know if you were able to download this wheel. I myself just printed it this AM.
        Best of luck. Regards, Archie
        Archie that link didn't work for me, this one does though

I've heared the that the cams at 106/106 degrees works well for street use several times, don't know if it that was for a 1100. And for the actual proces, Keith Krause know something about that...

KEITH WHERE ARE YOU!!!

Comment

Here's a link that describes the cam timing process.

Comment

There is another good discription here: http://medlem.spray.se/biker66/index.html ->modifications-> cam timing

Comment

Marco, with the K&N's and pipe, you'll need to buy a jet kit. Or did you know that already?
              And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
              Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Working...
              X