GS450L, where are the fuses??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS450L, where are the fuses??

I have an 88 GS450L. Does anyone have any idea where the fuses are?
    I have looked over every inch of the bike and can not see anything.
    The only fuse I have found is the fusable link by the battery. I am wondering if the bike just wasn't made with fuses in mind. ACCKKK.\, how could they!!

Vr,
    Nathan

Re: GS450L, where are the fuses??

I dont have a 450L or a book for one, but usually the fuse block is under a side cover. Some bikes have it under the seat. It usually will be found in a place protected from rain but still easily accessible. Most always it will be close to the battery.

Earl

Originally posted by kb9lae
    I have an 88 GS450L. Does anyone have any idea where the fuses are?
    I have looked over every inch of the bike and can not see anything.
    The only fuse I have found is the fusable link by the battery. I am wondering if the bike just wasn't made with fuses in mind. ACCKKK.\, how could they!!

Vr,
    Nathan
    Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

I agree with what you have to say. I have looked behind both covers, under the seat, around the airbox, by the battery and battery holder, and under the fuel tank. I guess you can run the electronics without fuses bt why would anyone do that? Oh well.

Vr,
      Nathan

Comment

Since the headlight shell is close to the ignition and everything runs through the ignition switch, its possible you could find inline fuses on the wiring cluster inside the headlight shell. If not there, then there probably are inline fuses on various wires at various locations throughout the bike. I have never seen a bike wiring harness that didnt have fuses.

Earl

Originally posted by kb9lae
        I agree with what you have to say. I have looked behind both covers, under the seat, around the airbox, by the battery and battery holder, and under the fuel tank. I guess you can run the electronics without fuses bt why would anyone do that? Oh well.

Vr,
        Nathan
        Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

very strange. I went to bikebandit.com and looked at the diagrams for your bike and could only find the one fuse located at the battery.(15amp main)

Comment

Thank you for the information. I did look inside the headlight assembly and found no fuses. I also looked over th wiring harness as much as possible without creating a mess and did not find any fuses either. I guess this bike only has the main fuse by the battery.

Vr,
            Nathan

Comment

Hi Nathan

My 77 GS550 has just one main fuse. Mine is located behind the right sidecover. I know Suzuki added fuse panels to later 550's,750's, etc.
              I'd have thought that the same would apply to the 450's--guess not.

Enjoy the ride

Scott

Comment

Working...
              X