Suzuki Engine Emblems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suzuki Engine Emblems

I own a 78 550 that has seen its better days.Right now I'm in the middle of a winter resore project on it.It's coming along nicely.But the engine case is missing it's emblems that go on the points cover and on the stator cover.The question is not were to get them but what to put them on with?My buddy say's that clear silicone will hold for good, is that true? What should I use to reattach the emblems?

Lurch

IF you can find replacements They come with an adhesive backing.

Comment

They are self adhesive..just clean up the case properly. I replaced one years ago...it is different to the one on the other side...but hopefully people cannot remember by the time they get around the other side!

Comment

If you get some used emblems clean 'em up and stick 'em on with JB Weld. You won't have to worry about 'em falling off.

Comment

You can order brand new emblems from a dealer. They are backed with a peel-and-stick 3M high performance adhesive.

Comment

If you find used ones they can be stuck back on with the yellow 3M weatherstripping cement. That will hold them on through the next nuclear war!

Comment

I second JB Weld. I've used it to make metal stoves and it stands up to the weight and extreme heat very well.

Comment

I reckon new replacements are the way to go they are nearly as cheap as the glue to stick old ones back on.
                the part numbers are 68233-49200 & 68235-49200
                Dink

Comment

Working...
                X