NEED REPSONSE QUICK! - HOW TO TAKE A SEAT OFF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEED REPSONSE QUICK! - HOW TO TAKE A SEAT OFF

i have a 1980 gs 400, i know you might all laugh but this is my stuck point. i talked to my shop at school and they said that they can trickle charge my batter tomorrow, and have i ready by tomorrow after school, if not, ill have to wait till monday or tuesday. Im looking in the manual on how to remove and it says 'open seat to access battery' how do i open the seat? do i undo the bolts connected to the signal lights? is there a latch somwhere? please, this will help me a lot!

I think the L models have a lock in the rear of the seat, the ign key should work the lock

Comment

I own a 1979 GS425E and it is basically the same machine. The lock for the seat is on the right hand side of the seat. It should be easy to see. Open it with the ignition key.

Comment

to save time and truble if you realy dont know how to get the seat up. your battery is shot. batterys need water every so often.

i am not trying to be a smart a$$. but that is basic maintance you should know befor ever going down the road. befor summer get the bible for your bike and give it a good lube job. find out what every part does. do the montly and yearly maintance on it. change the brake fluid.

pull the fuses one by one with the bike running then turn it off. learn what each one controls.

you would not beleve how many crotch rockets i have fixed on the side of the road. bike shops will sell any one a bike as long as thay have the cash. most of the fixes i have done could of been stoped with basic maintance befor thay even hit the road.

its your ride. mite as well learn how not to get stuck on the side of the road. it may even save you life one day.

Comment

Tanner, the seat on my '81 450L comes off by removing the rear turn signal bolts. However, the battery comes out of the right side-cover. Not sure how much they changed the basic layout of this bike over the years. Is your manual for an E model or an L model? That will make a difference on some areas of the bike. Dave J

Comment

Working...
          X