Not motorcycle related info needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not motorcycle related info needed

Hey people, I just bought an old Toro S200 snow blower from my neighbor, and I used it last weekend. There's nothing wrong with it mechanically, but I was wondering if there is some way I can up the engine speed. Right now it's either on or off, no throttle. But I want to see if I can't turn the engine rpm's up so it throws the snow better. Right now it only throws snow about three feet out in front of it. Just thought I'd see if anybody had the knowledge. Thanks in advance for any replies.

Brad

Is this a snow blower, metal body and frame with a four-stroke engine or a snow thrower with plastic body and light tube frame and two-stroke engine? Most two-stroke engines in these were set to run at one speed only. The larger four-strokes have governor limited high speed which can be adjusted to a degree. You do not want to run either too fast. Most 4s run at 3600rpm max! If you have a 2, I would check to see if the exhaust port is partially blocked with carbon as that would affect power and rpm. There is also a high speed jet on the carb which may gain you some power. On a 4 check rpm with a vibratach, it actually reads engine rpm via vibration. You can get one at any Briggs and Stratton parts outlet. If you need to set it higher you can get a manual for the engine brand or a generic small engine manual to give the procedure for that particular model. Good luck! Dave J '81 450L

Comment

Two smoker. Plastic body. Light tubing. I'll check out the exhaust and see if that isn't the prob.

Comment

Many Eons ago when i bought and needed a snow blower, I found that i wished i had gone for the extra bucks to buy a 2 stage machine.

Comment

Re: Not motorcycle related info needed

Originally posted by bradleymaynar
          Hey people, I just bought an old Toro S200 snow blower from my neighbor, and I used it last weekend. There's nothing wrong with it mechanically, but I was wondering if there is some way I can up the engine speed. Right now it's either on or off, no throttle. But I want to see if I can't turn the engine rpm's up so it throws the snow better. Right now it only throws snow about three feet out in front of it. Just thought I'd see if anybody had the knowledge. Thanks in advance for any replies.

Brad

If I'm thinking correctly, this is a Toro blower with the rubber flaps on it? If so, as an owner of an older one myself, pay close attention to the condition of the rubber flappers and the housing that they run against. The clearance between them makes a big, big difference in the amount of snow transported and the distance thereof. I have spent a fair number of hours replacing my flappers and also tweaking the aged plastic housing for maximum efficiency, but time well spent, (although ultimately you still can't beat a 2 stage).

Comment

Working...
          X