Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheeeeee!!

This weekend...its on!
    The new (unbroken) carbs and my Stage-3 Jet kit have arrived!!!

I'm going to install the kit in these carbs after cleaning them on saturday after the DC Bike show.
    I think I'll paint the bowls and diaphragm covers on these carbs black to match the rest of the bike. Whaddaya think?

Dm of mD

a word of advise when takeing these carbs apart, use a impact screw driver and bit as much as possible, the philps screws on these carbs LOVE to strip and the impact bit ruins the screws fun. :twisted:

ryan
    78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
    82 Kat 1000 Project
    05 CRF450x
    10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

For most purposes, a 300 x 500 pixel photo is large enough. Basically, what it amounts to is those on slower dial up connection will not be able to download the 50 meg pictures in your posts before we die of old age.

Earl
      All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor
        For most purposes, a 300 x 500 pixel photo is large enough. Basically, what it amounts to is those on slower dial up connection will not be able to download the 50 meg pictures in your posts before we die of old age.

Earl
        He has put pictures in his posts 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O
        Dink

Comment

Nice! Get that sucker running, did you order the K&N's yet?

And...[img]http://nl.msnusers.com/_Secure/0SwDcAvQWT3F!FKi95fZIMAAQstSs41PY7nKGYKX6muTPsHya* V6yKhgfTfIK7Oo2gkKnf6lvGQ7g8i7Wfj84kuaPvAfFZO8sTF4 1Chx0CqbqJ8w1h*9F9Q/Detman101resized.JPG?dc=4675454965642825617[/img]

MSpaint is the 56K modem users friend.

Comment

Thank you, thank you. :-) :-) :-)

Earl

Originally posted by robinjo
            MSpaint is the 56K modem users friend.
            All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by first timer
              a word of advise when takeing these carbs apart, use a impact screw driver and bit as much as possible, the philps screws on these carbs LOVE to strip and the impact bit ruins the screws fun. :twisted:

ryan
              I never had the guts to use my impact driver on my carbs - I wound up drilling most of the screw heads out after they stripped. In any case, you might want to replace them with hex screws. Also, since they're already off of the bike you might want to take this opportunity to rebuild them. Chances are they could use it. At the very least I'd take the bowl covers off and give them a good spraying.

Jeff

Comment

Bad news...I got ripped off. I took those carbs to the shop and they're off of a honda CB750. Frickin rip-off people out there...i should have stuck to ebay.

Well, 62.00 down the drain.

Comment

Originally posted by Detman101
                  Bad news...I got ripped off. I took those carbs to the shop and they're off of a honda CB750. Frickin rip-off people out there...i should have stuck to ebay.

Well, 62.00 down the drain.
                  Bastards!

Comment

Well, the guy says I can mail them back to him and he will send me the right ones. I'll pray for his continued honesty and sincereity. His dad made a mistake and pulled the carbs off of the wrong bike apparently.

Dm of mD

Comment

Working...
                    X