Question on carb cleanup series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question on carb cleanup series

Is the carb cleanup series pretty universal? I ask because I have an 85 gs550e with the twin-carbs. Do I basically follow the instructions with the only difference being that I have 2 carbs instead of 4? Thanks!

Yes , but I suggest taking some photos as you strip them to help you re-assemble them as obviously they are a bit different being dual throated and all.
    Dink

Comment

There are some parts that are different (obviously), and Dink's advice is good, because if you don't photograph them, you will have no guide to reassembly.

I am currently tearing down and cleaning the carbs from my '85 GS550. They are simple, but a couple of things are different enough from the single barrel carbs to warrant the added caution.

I also recommend only tearing one down at a time. That way, if you get stuck during reassembly, you have a correctly assembled one to act as a guide.

Maybe I'll do something similar to what is already here for the two barrel carbs.
      sigpic

SUZUKI:
      1978 GS1000E; 1980 GS1000G; 1982 GS650E; 1982 GS1100G; 1982 GS1100E; 1985 GS700ES
      HONDA: 1981 CB900F Super Sport
      KAWASAKI: 1981 KZ550A-2; 1984 ZX750A-2 (aka GPZ750); 1984 KZ700A-1
      YAMAHA: 1983 XJ750RK Seca

Free speech is the foundation of an open society. Each time a society bans a word or phrase it deems “offensive”, it chips away at that very foundation upon which it was built.

Comment

That would be awesome if you did. I just got done downloading and printing the pdf. Lots of paper! I'll probably tackle mine next weekend. There's a great little independent shop here who said to bring them in and they'd go over them with me to determine what I need to do, too. I'm finding more and more help as I go. The previous owner has even offered help! Sooner or later they'll be done!

Comment

Working...
        X