GRARRRRRRGHHHH!!!!! SOMEONE HELP ME!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slopoke
    It is a common problem. This comes up as often as synthetic oil and using jumper cables to remove the stator cover.
    Scotty, I've seen you guys comment on that funny topic enough but I can't find it, can you give me a link? I want to read about the jumper cables

Comment

Detman, for future jobs like this in areas similar to that looks to be I have had success with a piece of wire, tweezers and needle nose pliers. Both in and out. Feed the wire (good bread twisty wire works well or a stronger wire if they are real strong clips) through the holes with the tweezers and then simply twist tighten it with the needle nose pliers until it pulls the clip together. To put it back, reverse the procedure. It works like a charm 8) I have done this many a time. I wish I would have seen your thread earlier, sorry about that.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoomgar
        Originally posted by slopoke
        It is a common problem. This comes up as often as synthetic oil and using jumper cables to remove the stator cover.
        Scotty, I've seen you guys comment on that funny topic enough but I can't find it, can you give me a link? I want to read about the jumper cables
        We had an engineering student say that a professor at his college said if one wanted to remove the stator cover easily, the magneti pull could be neutralized simply by wrapping a single jumper cable around the housing then connecting one end to the minus of the battery and the other end to the plus and the current flowing through the cable would neutralize the magnetic field. Well theoretically that may work but a few select rowdies on this website were a bit unkind to the student siteing the posibility of an exploding battery. A few choice comments about the professor were made also --IMAGINE THAT 8O

HOW DID I DO GANG?? WAS I SWAVE AND GENTLE ABOUT THE SUBJECT.
        I HOPE SOME OTHERS CAN ADD TO MY COMMENTS FOR THE READING PLEASURE OF OUR FRIEND IN PA.

Ill take another opportunity to say that the modified Chicago method giving he necessary atire and lunar conditions will always be the mother of all posts in my eyes.

Simon will have to swallow a bat while riding to top that one
        Oh thats another story though. :P

Comment

So many stories so little time to read them

Comment

Engineering professors

Though it used to be less true of engineering professors than most other professors, the phrase " Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach." I wonder if it ever occurred to him that he was describing a dead short. I've always found these to be a bad thing.
            1979 GS 1000

Comment

Working...
            X