eledtrics still!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

eledtrics still!!!!!!!!!!!

my friend and i rewired to bipass the signal control unit now i have blinkers front and rear, would like to know if that rewire would effect tach light but not speedo light. ............................thanks..........ken :?

Re: eledtrics still!!!!!!!!!!!

Did the tach light work normally before? In any event, sidestepping a problem is not a good way to make a repair.
    Buy a book, study the wiring diagram, and fix the problem.
    The turn signal circuitry is one of the simplest things on the bike.

Earl

Originally posted by ken
    my friend and i rewired to bipass the signal control unit now i have blinkers front and rear, would like to know if that rewire would effect tach light but not speedo light. ............................thanks..........ken :?
    All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

tach light

it worked with half the light before ,2 lights each for speedo and tach rest of instruments still work...................1978 1000e.................................can,t afford to replace turn signal unit all the yards i checked wanted 150 dollars plus for unit.................low budjet fixer upper 40000 miles on bike i paid 250 for it trying to get a work rider
      save on gas my 77 chevy 10 miles per gallon loaded or unloaded ..............bipassed the unit but used same plugs....
      .............................................thank s ................ken......................
      with discipline comes wisdom.

Comment

electics still at it

Does anyone know if the lights for the tach and the speedo are on the same circit or are they on different wires.
        .................................................. .................................................. :? :?

Comment

Yes they are on my GS650, what is your GS? Also have you checked the bulbs. Mine was burned out on my fuel gauge and also on my gear indicator the 1st, and 5th. The fuel bulb was easy to replace but does any one know where I can get bulbs for the gear indicator lights?

Comment

lights?

My GS is a 1978 1000e, accorcing to the book the dash lights are of the simple clip in type, next project soon, if you bike is of the same vintage year or two either way I would think they are the same type..................
            thanks.................ken

Comment

Working...
            X