turn signal flashers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

turn signal flashers

can anyone tell me if the correct flasher for the 750's is supposed to be a 2 or 3 terminal? my current one is a 2 term yet the connector is a 3 term.

Re: turn signal flashers

The turn signal relay for a 1982 GS750EZ is a 3 terminal unit. The relay for a 1982 GS750TZ is a 2 terminal unit.

Earl

Originally posted by Don Watson
    can anyone tell me if the correct flasher for the 750's is supposed to be a 2 or 3 terminal? my current one is a 2 term yet the connector is a 3 term.
    Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

That human beings can not bear too much reality, explains so much.

Comment

AHHHH!!! then I do have the wrong part . that would explain why my turn signals are RPM sensitive.

Comment

maybe you should check the polarity. :-) :-) :-) :twisted:

Earl

AHHHH!!! then I do have the wrong part . that would explain why my turn signals are RPM sensitive.

Comment

:P :P :P :P :P

Comment

I have an 83 GS750ED, flasher is a 2 terminal, bought a solid state unit at Parts America. I also changed the brake/tail light with an LED version, they are available at Auto Zone.

Comment

what type of led did you go with I'm not impressed with the bulb replacement style. I would much rather have the entire unit

Comment

Dont replace your turn signals with LED's, there isnt enough current draw to operate the flasher. :-) (just in case you were thinking again) :-)

Earl

what type of led did you go with I'm not impressed with the bulb replacement style. I would much rather have the entire unit

Comment

no not for turn sigs he was expressing for the brake/ running lamp.

Comment

Well, if your bored you could always build your own LED brake light. I used 18X 4300 mcd red LEDs with 6 as my running light and 12 as the brake light, WOW, is it ever bright. Mounted on a circuit board it fits between the screw posts. Looks impressive. 8)

Comment

SHOW ME, Clone!!!!! Sounds cool! Always thinking of "improvements"

Comment

I went with the bulb type. But, you can build one; you'll need to calculate current limiting and voltage drop resistor. A typical 2200 MCD LED requires 2 VDC and draws .30A. Doing a rough calculation for 6 LEDs in parallel, a 6.5 ohm / 20 watt resistor in series with the LED's should drop the 13.6 supply Voltage to 11.6 and limit current to 1.8 amps. 20 watt resistors tend to be large, you can use 2 ea 4 ohm 10 watt resistors in parallel, or 4 ea 2 ohm 5 watt.
                        I could be wrong, haven't done this in years, and or there might be a better way to do this. Also the specs for 4300 mcd LED might be different.

Comment

It really isn't pretty, but when I figure out how to post a picture, I will so do, send me a PM with your e-mail and I will send you a picture. Three groups of six led in parralel, 120 ohm 1/4 watt resistor on each groups power lead to limit flow and it works well. 8)

Comment

That's pretty neat, if you make another one I'd suggest using LEDs with built in resistors made for 12 Volts. It'll make fabrication a lot easier.

Steve

Comment

That's pretty neat, if you make another one I'd suggest using LEDs with built in resistors made for 12 Volts. It'll make fabrication a lot easier.
                              That's a better idea, given that lights are a safety issue, individual resistors reduce the chances of a total failure if a single resistor opened up. I calculate individual resistor value would be 387 ohms @ 1/2 watt. Use the nearest common resistance value.
                              Now I'm tempted to fire up the soldering iron and give it a try.

Comment

Working...
                              X