No announcement yet.

Help with the Camaro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if you chose the 700-r4 get it out of the 87-up vehichles the older versions were prone with pump failures. and the planataries in all 200-4r were steel, the aluminum planataries wer built for the corvette in 82 an recalled. it would be rare to get one nowadays.

Comment

Kyle,
      What did you pay for your 342s? I cant find any 355s for less than $250

Comment

Havent bought them yet. It may be next month.

And I had a '93 chevy p/u with aluminum planetary gears in it, it died.

Comment

Hey, you missed something!

Camaroman,

If your car is at 4000 rpm at 60 mph, you're in second gear!
          I'll find the calculations if you like. With the 3.73's in third at 60 mph you should be at 2900- 3100 rpm depending on tire size. Find the problem and live with that trans untill you can get a six speed manual.

If you want to know what a six is like, take a ride in a car that has one. My '92 Vette posts 12 second quarter mile times and gets 26 mpg highway. Okay, so I really have to baby it to get 26, but it's for real. And with my oversized right foot and penchant for beating those wretched Mustangs it gets about 13 mpg around town.

A friend of mine spent about $1200 replacing the 700R4 in his third gen with a fourth gen six speed. He's never been happier.

Steve

Comment

3rd gear @ 60 is approx. 3000 RPM
            3rd gear @ 70 is approx 3700 RPM
            3rd gear @ 80 is approx 4300 RPM

if your only doin 60 on the highway, your gettin laughed at by geos

not sure what exact height of rear tires are but they are taller than stock
            good idea about the 6 speed...may just save the camaro for town driving and take the prizm on the highway.
            thanks
            -JR

Comment

Working...
            X