No announcement yet.

Self sufficient tool list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rubber boat, inflator, 12V deep cycle marine battery, trolling motor, fly fishing outfit, small selection of spinning lures, castable minnow net. Flare gun and flares, breakdown reflective triangles. Phone card.

Comment

Originally posted by jimcor
      Rubber boat, inflator, 12V deep cycle marine battery, trolling motor, fly fishing outfit, small selection of spinning lures, castable minnow net. Flare gun and flares, breakdown reflective triangles. Phone card.
      Rank fishing amateur......a couple of handgrenades should do it!

Comment

cyanide will stun the fish so they float up to the top, that means all I need to bring is a rake.

Steve

Comment

Riding to Panama.... ... I would also bring a small compass, whistle and mirror (camping supply stores usually have a small inexpensive combination device). Also a good swiss army knife might help consolodate your tool list a bit (and you can get one with a cork screw)
          Dun't forgets the rolling papers, condoms, crack pipe, and your lawyers number. Is there white women in Panama?

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Waters
            [Rank fishing amateur......a couple of handgrenades should do it!
            I believe professional fisherman call that particular type of tackle a
            "DUPONT SPINNER"

Comment

Panama bound........

Ride to the nation of Panama huh?........Bring plenty of replacement tires when the roads turn from smooth pavement to huge potholed asphalt & then into deep rutted dirt trails.
              Take plenty of cash to bribe the "federales" when they pull you over just for the hell of it.
              Talk to your parents about their financial well being when your ass is in a mexican jail on some trumpted up charges & the "authorities" "request" monies for your release.
              ...............or perhaps if you look as poor as the locals with a clapped out bike you might make it.
              Do you speak Spanish fluently?
              You have NO CLUE what your getting yourself into!!!!!!!!!
              All the laws & civil rights protections you now enjoy disappear once you cross the multiple borders your intending to.
              Rick..........

Comment

Pepto Bismol

You're going thru Mexico 8O
                Keith
                -------------------------------------------
                1980 GS1000S, blue and white
                2015Triumph Trophy SE

Ever notice you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office?

Comment

Richard: I'll be buying enough insurance to cover my debts and get my body flown home but I shouldn't really need it. I've driven my van through Mexico, Belize, and Guatemala a few years ago and it wasn't a big deal at all. I don't speak Spanish very well but I don't care about that either, it's fairly easy to converse with a limited vocabulary. Have you been down there? As far as I know people actually live in these countries quite happily.

Steve

Comment

A few more items:

Singing...
                    Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
                    Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
                    Brown papper packages tied up with strings
                    These are a few of my favorite things

Cream colored ponies and crisp apple strudels
                    Doorbells and sleigh bells and snitzel with noodles
                    Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings

Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes
                    Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eye-lashes
                    Silver white winters that melt into springs

When the dog bites, when the bee stings, when I'm feeling sad
                    I simply remember my favorite things and then I don't feel so bad...

Stop this....stop this right now....it's getting extremely silly!

Simon

Comment

get your passport now. it will come in handy. after all the 9/11 bs you realy will need it.

Comment

International travel

Originally posted by srivett
                        Richard: I'll be buying enough insurance to cover my debts and get my body flown home but I shouldn't really need it. I've driven my van through Mexico, Belize, and Guatemala a few years ago and it wasn't a big deal at all. I don't speak Spanish very well but I don't care about that either, it's fairly easy to converse with a limited vocabulary. Have you been down there? As far as I know people actually live in these countries quite happily.

Steve
                        Steve:
                        My "experiences" are whats' been told to me by my wife who was born in Argentina and made her way to the states at the age of seven when the politics of shooting up Police stations spooked her father(who was a cop) into trying to find a better life. She now just this moment tells me "When someone steals your bike you can just walk home"
                        She also tells me of road construction devoid of cones, lights and other warnings as they tend to get stolen, so they put out 55 gallon drums with burning oil for warnings." usually right next to the pothole so you have no warning"
                        "Live in these countries quite happily".....??????
                        If that is the case why do hundreds & thousands risk life,limb & imprisonment trying to cross the border?
                        Me myself I'm more worried about your bike getting ripped off.....
                        Imagine roving bands of theives scouting out for unlocked bikes who drive around in pick-ups & hop out & throw machines into the back at a moments notice . NOTE: Wife says "Yep!"
                        Rick.......
                        PS: Chain up your bike to an immovable object!

Comment

Working...
                        X