Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Terry P - new oil fitting project for you!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terry P - new oil fitting project for you!!!

Was wondering if any of you machinists out there could rig something up like this:

Unlike regular oil changes, the Scavenger system supplies the tools and methods to flush ALL of the dirty oil out of your Harley when you change your oil.

It's an oil "flush" fitting made for H-D engines - basically a plate that screws on in place of your oil filter, allowing you to pump out the remaining oil from your pump/crankcase/etc., that doesn't normally drain out during a regular change.

I know Terry's the man to go to for oil cooler adapters, so I wanted him to see this. But I know that there has to be more machinists out there, so let me know if you guys think this could be done economically - 'cause they sure don't make this for metric engines....

-Q!

That sort of thing isn't really necessary. All you need to do is change the oil and filter and go for a ride down the block. Then drain the oil filter cavity and change the oil again. If your oilpan has an inch of sludge on it you'll have to pull it off if you want to have "clean" looking oil after 4000 km.

Steve

Comment

Yeah, I understand that. But this would prevent you from having to change the oil twice in order to get a complete oil change. If it can be done cheaply, great. If not, no big deal...

-Q!

Comment

A dry sump motor may have more need for such a device. As the GSs drain from the crankcase most, if not all, dirty oil is drained away if the fiklter is also changed.

Comment

Why would a Harley need that? Doesn't most of their oil drain out during normal use?

Comment

The site seems to suggest they are dry sump engines with remote oil tanks, without a drain plug (on Evolution on models) for the motor. I am not an air compressor expert, just guessing

Comment

Working...
            X