what coils do I need?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what coils do I need?

Can anyone recommend what coils i should get for my 78 gs1000e. Their is nothing wrong with the stock ones on the bike but I just bought a dyna 3 ignition. do i even need to change the coils?

Not really if the originals are working ok. I recently replace mine with GSX-R750 ones because the originals were a bit weak spark wise, which was affecting idle and getting consistent tuning results. I have 150,000kms on the bike.

I have a 78 GS1000.

Comment

You don't have to get rid of the stock coils. From what I hear, the stockers provide about 10,000 volts and Dyna's provide 35,000 volts. You get a hotter spark with Dyna's and many say their bike starts quicker, runs better, etc. But it's not a necessary change. When your stockers fail someday, then make the change if you prefer. Just be sure to get the right resistance. You want the 3.3 ohm coils,(green-if getting Dyna).
      And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
      Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

thanks, if i can save a buck or two here and there i'm all for it

Comment

Working...
        X