Carb Rebuild Specs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carb Rebuild Specs?

I am getting ready to rebuild the carburetor on my 1980 GS850G. I have purchased 4 rebuild kits (I know they were not absolutely required), as well as the o-ring kit. The infamous GS Resources directions make this seem like even I could achieve success. One problem is that the GS Resources directions refer to the ?manual? for the specifics on the float setting, and the initial mixture screw settings. I have the Clymer manual and the original Suzuki operators? manual. Neither has this information. Does anyone have this information or know what manual I can get it from. I am afraid that they are possibly set wrong now, so I am leery of recording the current settings and repeating them during the rebuild.
    Also, I will need to sync these puppies when I am done. Do I need to buy those permanent brass adapters for the carb sync tuner. Does the sync tuner come with them anyway? If I do need them, do I need the 5mm or 6mm adapters? Last but not least, what is the recommended cheap/easy/effective carb sync tuner?

The settings are given in both manuals, look under 'float hight'. Be very carefull when removing jets and screws, use the correct screwdriver for them or you might strip a few. Goodluck!

Comment

carb settings

dude, i went to the local dealership here and spoke to the mechanics and they pulled out a suzuki factory book specifically for my scoot and copied the page for me...
      give that a try.....

keep your feet on the pegs.........

Comment

some dealers aren't as nice as yours

Comment

Wait a second!! Dude!!! Where did you get the O-Ring kit!!?!?!
          I've been looking for one for the past MONTH!!! The link that Sqdancerlynn keeps posting doens't work.

Help!!
          Dm of mD

Comment

Originally posted by Detman101
            I've been looking for one for the past MONTH!!! The link that Sqdancerlynn keeps posting doens't work.

Help!!
            Dm of mD
            Try this then: http://www.cycleorings.com/

Comment

According to Clymer Manual for Suzuki GS 850-1100 Shaft Drive:

"set float height to 23-25mm (0.90-0.98")"

Comment

Robert changed his email/web address a few months ago

Comment

Originally posted by robinjo

Help!!
                  Dm of mD
                  Same bloody one that doesn't work. Dude's email is dead too.

Dm of mD

Comment

Detman
                    I will look up his information and email you. You can find him through PayPall as a merchant too. I bought a set. My Carb rebuild kits had all of them anyhow except for the fuel tube and T tube that conects the carbs together, so I was glad I had his kit.
                    Also if you cut and paste that link into the address bar on the top it may actually work.
                    Patrick

Comment

Originally posted by robinjo

Help!!
                      Dm of mD
                      Same bloody one that doesn't work. Dude's email is dead too.

Dm of mD
                      Detman the link DOES work or else I wouldn't have posted it! :roll: C & P it into your browsers adress box.

Comment

I dunno...I can't access the site or email the guy.
                        Every link and address that I try I get an error or email returned.
                        Can I pay one of you to get the o-rings for me?
                        Paypal??

Frustrated and desperate,
                        Dm of mD

Comment

As I just mentioned in another thread, I'm in contact with Robert Barr. I'll see if I can get the O rings sent to me and give them to you.

Harrison

Comment

Awesome, I'll pay you when they come in.

Thanks so much dude.
                            Dm of mD

Comment

Working...
                            X